CNG - The safe fuel
Natural Gas when compressed to pressure of approx 200 bar, can be stored in a cylinder which is used for running a vehicle as an alternate fuel to petrol, diesel etc. It is very safe to use CNG as a fuel for running a vehicle. Some of the points mentioned below highlights that CNG is safer fuel.
- Cylinders used for storing gas are designed with very high safety factor in accordance with global standards
- Cylinders are tested and certified for usage by regulated authorized bodies, cylinders are defined with a expiry date of usage after which they are to tested again for safe use
- Cylinders are designed to take impact of collision
- Filling stations follows various safety policies and guidelines
- Equipments used for filling gas are of good quality, design and are tested and certified
- Manpower deployed for filling is trained for safe operations